At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our Production team offers lots of room for growth! We support each other on and off the road. In the process, you'll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert of the dynamic broadcast network and corporate video industry, and be part of an innovative organization.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced work-life culture. We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
This is a good growth opportunity for those with a couple of years of experience or a degree in video or broadcast production. Key to this role is the ability to plan and coordinate all aspects of a production. This position is responsible for the organization and execution of productions and projects, from scheduling through invoicing. It requires some unconventional hours and travel on occasion. This is an exempt position and reports to the Director of Production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as client’s main point of contact during all stages of a production.
- Communicate effectively with clients to determine their production needs.
- Provide a viable solution that is in line with the client’s budget.
- Communicate production status updates to the client including onsite production progress and challenges.
- Provide necessary guidance to clients to ensure a proper and successful production outcome.
- Assist Sales with project budgeting process. Assure that all production components remain within allotted budget and on schedule.
- Serve as lead point person for all assigned projects.
- Determine, schedule and communicate all aspects of the production to all involved crew and vendors.
- Negotiate rates with vendors and freelance crewmembers.
- Schedule internal and external resources needed for the production, including crew, equipment and facilities.
- Determine and document all logistics pertaining to an assigned production.
- Be present during productions to serve as client’s point person and ensure budget guidelines are met.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are collected, approved, and posted in a timely manner.
Problem-solving / Multi-tasking
- Brainstorm ideas and provide solutions to enhance production value.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously without jeopardizing deadlines or outcomes.
- Lead production crew during challenging situations and effectively communicate progress and next steps to clients at appropriate times.
- Learn and utilize any specialized technical skills needed for productions.
- Execute various production position duties as needed.
- 2-5 years of experience in video production, broadcast television, events or other similar field, including studio and remote productions, crewing, webcasting, and transmission.
- Work performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even during pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate challenging aspects of a production to clients while maintaining a high level of confidence and leadership.
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere, as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers.
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and VideoLink needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including necessary paper and/or computer documentation.
- Self-motivated, organized and resourceful with strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills interacting with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others.
- This position requires you to function well under pressure, tight deadlines and maintain a great attitude!
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel is required based on time and location of remote productions as well as meetings at VideoLink Bureaus and headquarters.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and basic IT knowledge.
Areas for Growth
- Although this position does not require direct reporting, each individual project should be considered a team that you must lead and motivate.
- Managing and mentoring and proactively looking for better ways to grow the department.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please provide a cover letter and resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in online application.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.