At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our Production team offers lots of room for growth! We support each other on and off the road. In the process, you'll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert of the dynamic broadcast network and corporate video industry, and be part of an innovative organization.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced culture. We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
The Production Technician must be versed in all aspects of production support positions that are common at VideoLink. This includes camera, audio, and lighting operation of all studio and field production equipment and knowledge of equipment for troubleshooting and repairs. Work may occur early mornings, late nights and/or weekends in addition to regular business hours. In addition, the Production Technician may have to perform related duties for other departments, including but not limited to, performing live shots and assisting with ReadyCam® studio installations. Versatility is key to this position along with desire and ability to learn as well as staying abreast of current trends and technologies in the fields of production and transmission. Attention to detail, organization, flexible schedule and a desire to deliver high quality production are a must. This position reports to the Director of Production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Production Duties include:
- Provide assistance and coverage to the Production Department staff editor when unavailable
- Edit high-volume, short form video productions, often under 1 hour TRT
- Implement client-supplied graphics
- Graphics design within abilities
- Consult with Production Managers, Business Development Managers, and clients on production editing needs
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere editing platform and other common editing support programs and equipment
- Webcast Encoding
- Proficient in all industry standard web streaming and encoding platforms and software
- Ability to proficiently operate encoding equipment
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures and Policies regarding encoding for productions
- Establish a training program for others that are interested in encoding in order to have back-up encode techs when needed
- Director of Photography
- Direct and oversee staff and production quality
- Assess client needs
- Maintain equipment and facilities
- Act as camera and lighting director
- Lead single camera ENG shoots as camera and lighting director
- Lead multi camera, multi talent shoots as camera and lighting director
- Help manage inventory for production, budget time, and resources
- Attend site surveys and production meetings for production tasks
- Assign production roles within OPS for upcoming productions
- Camera Operator
- Knowledgeable of equipment (cameras, monitors, lighting)
- Assist lighting director and director of photography
- Build cameras and production equipment
- Compose shots
- Assist lighting director, director of photography, and chief engineer for studio and remote shoots
- Shoot, manage, and create backdrops for clients
- Prompter Operator
- Floor Manager
- Audio Assist
- ENG Assist
- Computer Graphics (CG)
- Technical Directing
- Tape/Data operation
- Field and studio audio technician
Essential Troubleshooting Skills:
- Ability to quickly ascertain problems that arise in field production scenarios.
- Ability to rapidly find work-arounds to such problems.
- Ability to field service failed equipment and work with the Engineering Department to keep the field equipment in satisfactory running condition and when needed assist / coordinate with the repair of such equipment.
- Service live and tape based crews in breaking news situations, sporting events, corporate event coverage, and the transmission of guests to television networks.
- Support Operations Department for live shot backup coverage as needed.
- Support all productions by handling various logistical tasks, such as
- Pick-up and deliver rental equipment
- Guide hired freelancers VL equipment and facility specifics while on scheduled productions
- Organize and maintain all production computers and computer related equipment
- Organize and maintain all web streaming equipment including any and all streaming encoders, both field and fixed, and any web streaming related software
- Work with others within the Production Department to make sure all cameras, lighting and grip equipment are in working order
- A college degree in a production-related field is preferred, but an individual with considerable relevant experience will be considered.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers.
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and VideoLink needs, and cost considerations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including necessary paper and/or computer documentation.
- Self-motivation, organization and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Work performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all.
- Strong leadership skills interacting with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and perform overhead work.
- Ability to travel, including on short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
- A command of Word, Outlook, Excel, and ScheduAll computer programs are necessary.
- Skills in both traditional television broadcast and IT equipment installation, trouble shooting, and customer service.
Opportunities for growth:
- Involvement in capital equipment purchasing decisions.
- Training/mentoring of internal staff for technical production roles.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please provide a cover letter and resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in online application.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.