At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our Operations team offers lots of room for growth! In the process, you'll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert of the dynamic broadcast network and corporate video industry, and be part of an innovative organization.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced work-life culture. We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
The position is responsible for the production support needs of VideoLink's facilities as needed by the Operations & Production Departments. Work schedule is based on a 24-hour work week (up to 30 hours maximum in special cases); however the hours required can be unpredictable and, therefore flexibility is a must. Our facility is a 24-hour operation, seven days a week, including holidays. This position requires regular availability on Saturday and Sunday for at least 8 hours with 8 additional hours during the week. The ideal candidate would need to be in close proximity to our office with the ability to respond to requests within the hour while on-call. This candidate would not be required to report to the office unless a service were booked. This position reports to the Director of Operations. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the desire to be trained in broadcast and production capacities. The main functions of the position include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Live Shots & Transmission
- Work on all assigned studio live shots and ReadyCam® live shots.
- Understand fiber, satellite and IP transmission capabilities and limits to/from VideoLink properties and facilities.
- Maintain and prepare studios and client spaces for broadcast.
- Confidently troubleshoot problems that arise with studios and transmission.
Welcoming Clients & Guests
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of daily schedule and expected guests.
- Advance preparation for guests (knowledge of likes and dislikes).
- Meet and greet clients and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Attend to clients and their needs until their departure.
- Answer phones, take customer booking requests, and assign proper staff.
- Make sure all work orders are billed appropriately and are posted to Accounting.
- Hire and coordinate freelance staff as needed.
Preferred Qualifications & Abilities
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere, as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence, and the ability to get along with co-workers and clients
- Ambition, a positive attitude, and willingness to work hard and put effort into training in the broadcast field is a must
- Background in production especially in dealing with networks, will be considered first
- Skills in both traditional broadcast television and IT equipment installation, trouble shooting, and customer service.
- A command of Word, Outlook, Excel, and ScheduAll computer programs.
- Makeup artist training certificate and client service experience preferred
- Superb customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to travel, including on short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
- NOTE: Other duties may be assigned within any of the above categories.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Restock and maintain inventory of production supplies.
- Follow standard daily procedures re: facility upkeep, opening and closing procedures.
- Perform monthly maintenance checks as assigned.
- Assist Administrative staff with any side projects/tasks they need completed.
Opportunities for growth
- Gain experience in the Production atmosphere.
- Ability to train with multiple departments to fill Production, Post-Production, or ReadyCam installation roles.
- Ability to train as a makeup artist and fill in as needed.
- Work within the department to gain skills including backup bureau supervision and maintenance coordination.
- Achieve certification in a broad range of production positions and assist Remote Operations department on location as needed.
- Potential opportunity to complete basic engineering training of remote camera systems and assist with build and installations as requested.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply online. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in cover letter.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.