AV Events Engineer
WHO WE ARE
At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our Managed Services team offers lots of room for growth! We support each other and value the importance of collaboration and intellectual curiosity across all our teams. You'll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert in the dynamic event production and corporate video industry, and be part of an innovative organization.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced work-life culture. We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
VideoLink is looking for an AV Events Video Production Engineer to support the technical operations of event production auditoriums and studios for live corporate meetings and events. This position will work onsite at our client location in East Hanover, NJ. The AV Events Video Production Engineer is responsible for:
- Fulfilling various operation roles based on the scope of production requirements
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting all aspects of the client’s production facilities and control rooms
- Partnering with the internal events, client, and event management teams to collaborate on the technical support needs for events
- Maintain and operate auditorium event production space including all technology and equipment to support all live events.
- Fill various production roles for client productions including but not limited to:
- Technical Director
- Audio Technician
- Robotic Camera Operator
- Virtual Operator
- Graphics Operator
- Video Playback Operator
- Streaming Technician
- Lighting Technician
- Work with Technical Producers and Coordinators to assess event scope, develop technical support solutions, and oversee operation of technical production equipment and capabilities within the auditorium to support live events.
- Execute all aspects of auditorium and technical event support including system set-up and operation, training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation of incidents occurring during all events.
- Support and assist involved teams with the preparation and execution of high profile senior executive meetings and events.
- Set-up, test, operate, and strike all audio visual and production equipment used for event support.
- Assess and troubleshoot technical and operational issues, collaborate with engineers and project managers, and make recommendations for solutions.
- Troubleshoot, assess, and coordinate equipment and systems repair as needed.
- Create, update, and resolve trouble tickets as assigned.
- Interface with technology vendors for equipment servicing and training to comply with warranty requirements and routine maintenance procedures.
- Provide training to technicians to obtain a proficiency needed to operate an audio visual or production specific task and equipment in support of a live event.
- Compile and maintain equipment inventory.
- Create and modify documentation and SOPs as required.
- Provide recommendations for performance, efficiency, and technology improvements.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Must-have skills & job qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in production, broadcast, events, or similar field
- Proficiency in event production positions and roles, including:
- Lead Engineer
- Technical Director
- PTZ Camera Operator
- Audio Engineer
- Graphics Operator
- Virtual Technician
- Experience with audio visual and event production equipment including but not limited to production switchers, PTZ cameras and controllers, video cameras, digital routers, audio consoles and microphones, video conferencing equipment, video playback and record, projection and LED systems, and streaming encoders
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential
- Ability to adapt and problem solve quickly during live events
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence, and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and AVI-SPL VideoLink needs, and cost considerations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including necessary paper and/or computer documentation
- Work performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress
- Superb customer service skills
- Responsible and reliable
Nice-to-have skills & job qualifications
- College degree
- This is an onsite position, and it is required to work onsite at the client’s East Hanover, NJ location.
- Travel may be required based on time and location of remote productions as well as meetings at AVI-SPL locations and client offices.
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and perform overhead work
AREAS FOR GROWTH
- Training on new technology
- Opportunity to mentor/manage staff
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Gain experience in the AV atmosphere
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- PTO days (vacation, sick days, and personal days) and paid holidays
- Enjoyable company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply online. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in cover letter.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.